Top 5 Snack Streets in Wuhan
If you like to explore the cities and taste authentic local snacks, Wuhan is the right place to find a variety of famous local snacks, street foods and desserts. Here we have listed some snack streets including large pedestrian streets and the barely known back streets in Wuhan. You can find most of the famous foods and snacks in these places.
1. Jiqing Folk-custom Street
Jiqing Street was a narrow, crowded street with many roadside diners and street singers at night. Since 2011, the street area has been renovated and re-opened to the public. Now it is called Jiqing Folk-custom Street. The area is not that narrow and crowded anymore, and you can still find many Wuhan flavor snacks. There is a local saying in Wuhan, "Hubu Alley is the place for breakfast, and the Jiqing Street is the place for late-night snacks".
- Recommendations: Lao Tong Cheng Restaurant, Spicy Duck's Neck, Junjun Beef Noodles
- Address: Jiqing Street, Jianghan District, Wuhan, China
Hot to get there: Take metro line 1 or 6 to Dazhi Rd. Station, then walk for about 500 meters;
Take bus No. 1, 24, 581, 711 and get off at 'Baohua St. Huangshi Rd. Station', and then walk for 50 meters.
- Attractions nearby: Jianghan Rd. Pedestrian Street, Beach Park, Hankou Zhongshan Park, Wuhan Art Museum
2. Hubu Alley
Hubu Alley has a history of over 400 years, and it was always a famous local street for breakfast. The street was 150 meters long with only 12 street food stalls in the ancient times. Nowadays, Hubu Alley has become very popular and there are over 340 stalls in the area, including 160 snack stalls. Please make sure that you are a big eater or go there with your friends together so that you may share and taste more kinds of local snacks.
- Recommendations: Cai Lin Ji Hot & Dry Noodles, Si Ji Mei Soup Dumplings, Wangshi Wonton
- Address: Ziyou Road, Wuchang District, Wuhan, China
- Hot to get there: Take the bus No. 14, 15, 521, 572 and get off at Minzhu Rd. Si Men Kou Station or Zhonghua Rd. Station.
- Attractions nearby: Yellow Crane Tower, Wuhan Yangtze River Bridge, Mao Zedong's Former Residence
3. Wansongyuan Snack Street
Wansongyuan is actually a large area in the center of Wuhan. The snack street is located at Xuesong Road in Wansongyuan area. Surrounded by many old communities, the street is not very wide and is about 2.3km long. There are lots of crayfish restaurants, dessert houses and roadside diners in this street. You must have a taste of the steamed local crayfish or marinated spicy crayfish. Fruit icecream and the spicy crayfish is a perfect combination. The street is more popular at night, so you may go to experience the local nightlife.
- Recommendations: LiangLiang Steamed Crayfish, Bali Crayfish, Su Tie Shan Dessert House, Jin Yan Beef Noodles
- Address: Xuesong Road, Jianghan District, Wuhan, China
- Hot to get there: Take metro line 2 or 7 to Wangjiadun Dong Station, then walk out of the station at Exit C1 and walk for about 200 meters; Take bus No. 10, 208, 38, 526 and get off at Qingnian Rd. XuesongRd. Station.
- Attractions nearby: Jianghan Rd. Pedestrian Street, Beach Park, Hankou Zhongshan Park, The Fountain Park
4. Liangdao Street
Only 600 meters away from Hubu Alley is Liangdao Street. There are lots of schools located around this street. Therefore, a lot of restaurants and street food stalls are along this narrow street. Different from those large pedestrian streets and the CBD, this is a 1.4km long street with many old communities so you can see the local life and taste the authentic local snacks at the same time. The price of the snacks are very affordable and Wuhan local residents also prefer to go this place on the weekend.
- Recommendations: Tiantian Hot & Dry Noodles, Yipin Tofu Pudding, Dalian Sizzling Squid, Lan Jin Ling Dumplings
- Address: Liangdao Street, Wuchang District, Wuhan, China
Hot to get there: Take the bus No. 573, 717, 916 and get off at Liangdao St. Yanzhi Rd. Station;
Take metro line 7 to Xiao Dong Men Station, then walk out of the station at Exit A.
- Attractions nearby: Hubu Alley, Yellow Crane Tower, Tan Hualin Culture Street, Shouyi Park
5. Shuilu Street
Hidden in downtown Wuhan, Shuilu street has the most comprehensive local breakfast options. The street is only 500m long but there are variety of local snack stalls. Having a traditional Wuhan style breakfast is very important for the local residents. This is one of the best places to find the cheap, delicious snacks in Wuhan. You don't have to buy too much at each stall, but try to taste more kinds of food, such as Doupi, Beef Noodles, Shumai, Rice Noodles in Fish Soup, and Rice Cakes. It is better to go there with your friends or family.
- Recommendations: Liji Beef Noodles Restaurant, Zhangji Rice Noodles in Fish Soup, Ah-Bing Bean Curd Skin, Pengshi Shumai
- Address: Shuilu Street, Wuchang District, Wuhan, China
Hot to get there: Take the bus No. 510, 541, 566 and get off at Jiefangqiao Station, then walk for 100 meters;
Take metro line 4 to Fuxing Rd. Station, then walk out of the station at Exit A and walk for 360 meters.
- Attractions nearby: Hubu Alley, Yellow Crane Tower, Ziyang Park